Business Internet Access
Nashua ECN’s Business Internet Access solution is an offering which provides corporate businesses with high performance and cost-effective Internet connectivity.
Customer sites are connected to the closest Nashua ECN’s Point-of-Presence (POP) via a dedicated leased line or wireless circuit. This uncontended connection provides users with fast and reliable access to the Internet, via Nashua ECN’s national network through to the South African Internet Exchange (SAIX).
Access to the Internet is also unshaped, which means all protocols have equal priority be it web browsing, sending and receiving email, media streaming or downloading files.
The following are offered as part of the solution:
- Leased line / wireless circuit from the customer’s premises to the closest Nashua ECN POP.
- Router used to securely interface the data connection with the customer’s local area network.
- Desired data transfer rate in bits per second (e.g. 256 kbps, 1 Mbps, 4 Mbps, etc.).
Solution Costs and Terms
Monthly costs are based on the following:
- Infrastructure rental to be priced and charged as quoted (includes circuit and router).
- Data transfer rate charged at R7,000 / Mbps (excluding VAT), where 1 Mbps is equivalent to 1024 kbps. The solution will be installed subject to a 12-month contract. A once-off installation fee of R8,000 (excluding VAT) will be charged covering the installation and network configuration of the circuit.